Thursday, October 30, 2008

A REAL incentive

Those of you who know me know that I’ve been trying to lose this colossal tire around my middle. Well, to be honest, “try” may be a too strong a word. More like I'm wishing it away.

I guess I need more of an incentive. So, I figure I’d try a negative one. I’ll do something so awful, so contrary to my values if I don’t lose the weight/get back in shape by a certain date, that I'll hate myself for not having achieved my goal.

Therefore, I announce to you today that if I do not fit into my size 32 pants by noon on March 1st, 2009, I will donate $200 to the Conservative Party of Canada.

This should make the pounds melt away.

And, yes, before you ask, I do have a plan. And I’ll be offering updates along the way. The negative incentive is to keep my ears plugged to the siren call of beer and pizza.

I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: As per Harold's suggestion, I'll make that $201. Having my name listed publicly as having donated to the Conservative Party will help shed the redundant protoplasm.

UPDATE II: I've pushed the date to Easter, rather than an arbitrary beginning of March. I called Stephen Harpur and he's okay with the change.

No comments: