Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Face, meet floor.

Since folks have been asking, yes, I did have a fainting episode on Monday night. In public. Very embarrassing.

Since the wife and kids are away I decided to go to a local Public House for a beer and to watch the Senators beat the Predators 2-0. Upon finishing my second and final beer, the dregs at the bottom of the glass went down the wrong tube and I started to cough. And cough. And cough.

Figuring I was making a spectacle of myself, I made my way to the bathroom. (This is where things get hazy). Apparently, I walked into the wall and hit the floor like a bag of bricks. I say “apparently” because I don’t remember a thing. I just remember getting off my chair.

When I woke up, some guy was helping me into a chair and feeding me a glass of water. My head cleared and I settled my tab, then made my way home.

I called the Health Link (since I’ve never fainted before) and the kindly nurse on the other end of the phone figured that my coughing restricted blood flow to my head, causing me to faint.

Made sense.

But since I was still woozy the next morning I called the doctor. After an hour-and-a-half of examination the doctor confirmed what the nurse suspected, but told me to come back if it happens again. I don't think it will.

I feel fine. No damage done. But my knees, wrist, and ego are a little sore.

No comments: