Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Wednesday Ramblings

It's been a very tiring week so far. It was the good kind of tired, when after a long, productive day, when everything runs smoothly, you're firing on all cylinders, and all is right with the world.

Then little fires appeared. Small, annoying fires. Not enough to pull the alarm and call for help, but small enough to sidetrack me away from the work I’d rather be doing.

Lately, I’ve been working on family and children’s ministry; trying to get things moving for the fall and beyond. There is A LOT of good stuff out there. The trick is sifting through it all to find what is usable and relevant.

I’m looking at a Christian Ed program based on Montessori methods. Interesting stuff. We’ll see where that goes.

I’m also working on a Faith at Home program with a couple other folks. It’s going to be a big part of our “Building the Future” program. The long and short of it is: our congregation needs a new facility, but not just a new building; we need a mission strategy. The Faith at Home stuff is just one small part of our whole plan.

But first, I need to find that fire extinguisher.

No comments: