Saturday, March 15, 2008

Christvertising

I don't know if this is a joke. Which in itself is a problem, showing how the Church's has been wallowing in secular marketing over the past 25 years or so.

To me, much of what churches do to attract un-churched, non churched, pre-churched, folks is more about the church itself and less about God's message for the world.

I hate to say it, but I think the most effective religious advertising comes from the Mormons. Their ads teach folks how to be better parents, to more effectively relate to their spouses, etc, give something to folks. It's about what they can give rather than what people can do for the church.

Personally, I think the best for of "marketing" the church can do is the basic work of the church: sharing good news, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, working for peace, etc.

This strategy may not win any marketing awards. But that's not what we're trying to accomplish, is it?

via

No comments: