Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't worry, I'm just sitting around doin' nothing.

I got a phone call a little while ago from someone desperately wanting to meet with me.

“Fine,” I said, “How’s next Tuesday at Starbucks?”

“That works. See you then and there.”

I arrived and sat down. Then I waited. And waited. And waited…and waited.

He never showed up.

This happens to me at least 2-3 times a month. People either forget or something comes up and they neglect to tell me they can’t make it to our visit. So I end up waiting for someone who isn’t coming.

This didn’t used to get me so frustrated. But now it feels like people don’t value my time. Of course, not ALL people, but enough to make me notice it.

Maybe I should start charging folks for the time I spend waiting. An inconvenience tax.

That's what I think I'll do. Should provide enough beer money to get me through the winter.

UPDATE: This post disappeared for a while, and the cause of which remains a mystery. Well, Halloween is around the corner.

No comments: