Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lenten Reading Mark 8: 14-26

Mark 8: 14-26

It’s not always easy to see God in action, is it? “Do you still not understand?” Jesus asks, bluntly?

No, actually, we don’t. We don’t see God at work, even if its happening right in front of our faces. I don’t know about you but often I need some distance before I recognize what God was doing.

Looking back at my childhood, I can see God’s fingerprints all over what was, at the time, just life unfolding. My musical involvement, the seminary I ended up at, the woman sitting at the table who became my wife. Through all of these events God led me down a jagged path to where I am now.

That doesn’t mean that I’m a fatalist, and neither is God. But it does mean that God is - somehow - involved in our lives whether we notice it or not.

No comments: