Monday, May 04, 2009

Weight Update


Started a new nutrition/exercise program last week. As I’ve mentioned earlier, I’ve decided to NOT have a disincentive this time because people seem to focus more on that than on the positive changes in my lifestyle. So I just have a few goals. The main one I’m not making public. But will become clear to anyone when I meet it.

Also, I lost the weight I needed to keep my money out of the CPC’s bank account, but then it came back - and more so. So, the disincentive thing wasn’t working for me. At least not for the long term.

So far, I’ve learned a few things:

1. I’m disgustingly out of shape. Embarrassingly so. Went for a bike ride yesterday and my legs are still screaming at me. 


2. Diet books suck. Even the ones that proclaim “THIS IS NOT A DIET BOOK.” This is why they suck: I follow their advice and I get hungry. REALLY hungry. I follow the advice on what to do when hunger smacks me (i.e., snack on an apple, eat a bowl of soup, pop a handful of nuts in my mouth, fill up in fibrous food, etc) and I STILL can’t calm the rumble in my belly. At least junk food kept me satiated because it sits in my gut like Rachel Ray’s cold stone, heart.


3. My will power sucks (well. duh!). But getting better.

I’m charting my progress and will keep you updated.

No comments: