Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Belly Be Gone! Update 2


The bizarre thing about the green drink is that I’m losing weight but my pants are fitting more snugly and my belly is protruding even more. Which, of course, is not fair. Sorta misses the point of scarfing down my veggies first thing in the morning, followed by a couple eggs.

I chopped up all my fresh veggies, coupled with an almond, raw pumpkin seeds and sunflower kernels, and dried cranberry mixture to munch on during the day. Tasty. Yet unsatisfying. But at least it gives me gas.

I’ve been told that it takes somewhere around 21 days to form a new habit. I don’t know if that’s true or not but creating new habits takes discipline, which takes a kind of energy that I don't know if I have.

Exercise is hit and miss. This is the hardest area for me. Mainly because I’d rather have my nose in the newspaper than sweating on the elliptical machine. I’d rather zone out with a massive theological tome than work my biceps.

But, of course, I need both: good nutrition AND proper exercise.

Today will be better. I promise.

No comments: