Monday, January 09, 2006

Bad blogger

I haven’t posted for a while because, well, I didn’t have much to say. My laptop’s been idle because of the huge stack sitting on the right hand corner of my desk, the pile un-returned phone messages by my elbow, and the to-do list hanging from my work station that’s gets bigger each time I look at it.

But I’m not complaining. I’m busy because there’s a lot to do. Good things are happening here at the church. Unfortunately, we seem to have more ideas than resources, more passion than money, and more energy than people.

Someone suggested we scale back some of our plans, but I couldn’t pin-point one area where we could do that. The problem is that we're too high energy and too gifted.

We have some really good problems here at Good Shepherd. But problems nonetheless. But that’s why we’re called to trust and believe that we’re doing what God wants us to do. Then roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty.

But first, I have to go to a pool party for campus ministry. I can’t believe I get paid to do this.

No comments: