Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tardy Election Reflections

Technically, I’m on vacation until Friday. So, no one is here. I'm a ghost. Boo!

Monday’s election was good for everyone. Those of you who know me might be surprised by such a declaration.

Long term, the Liberals can use this loss as an opportunity to find a new leader (I’m surprised it took so long for this to happen) to renew a tired and brutally fractured party. The NDP increased their popular vote and seat count (but not enough to hold the balance of power). The Greens claimed more votes (but no seats). The Conservatives finally win and suddenly become real federalist contenders in Quebec, and the west can finally say they have a "voice in Ottawa".

I’ll give Harper’s government 2 years. And then he’ll win a majority.
We’ll see.

No comments: