Friday, June 23, 2006

People Suck

Yesterday afternoon, someone pulled out one of our three Nanking Cherry trees. Right out the flower bed half-a-metre from the sidewalk in front of our house, and threw the carcass in the alleyway.

Boy, was my wife pissed.

We’ve had people steal things from our front lawn, pick flowers from our flowerbed, and every so often we find evidence of people trying to break into our garage. Somehow, that’s less infuriating than someone yanking out an innocent tree and chucking it in the alley for us to find.

To add insult to injury, a half-hour after my wife re-planted the tree, someone let their dog crap – a huge turd - right on top of where she planted.

People suck.

Of course, this doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of world affairs, but it’s the little things that annoy. Plus, now I have to live with an irate wife who couldn’t help but take personally this incursion on our property.

UPDATE: I asked our four year old what I should do if I caught the person that made mommy upset.

"Ask them to stop being so mean," she said.

"You don't want me to beat them up? I'd really like to beat them up," I replied.

"NO! Just ask them to stop," she said.

Kids.

No comments: