Friday, April 22, 2005

Paul Martin Pleads for his job

"I'm sorry, I didn't do it, I'm cleaning it up, let Gomery finish his work, I'll call an election within 30 days of the report being published, please please please please please don't call an election right now, I hung out here on Parliament Hill when I was a kid, let's get back to the real issues."

From Daimnation! via Kinsella.

I was hearing from Liberals over the last few days. All of them thought that Martin going on TV was a BAD idea. They were right. It was a terrible speech. Plus, he gave the opposition far too much time to prepare a pre-buttal. Now Gomery, election fever, and Paul Martin's speech will dominate the news, not their legislative agenda. And he effectively called an election, now NOTHING will get done on Parliament Hill.

Ladies and Gents, I give you Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

No comments: